WinRAR 3.80 + patch June 2008
WinRAR is a powerful archive manager. It can backup your data and reduce size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files downloaded from Internet and create new archives in RAR and ZIP file format.
Changes in Version 3.80
Added support for ZIP archives containing Unicode file names in UTF-8 format. When creating ZIP archive, WinRAR stores names in Unicode only if they cannot be stored correctly using the current single byte character set.
Added decompression support for WinZip AES encrypted ZIP archives.
Improved Unicode support for RAR and ZIP archive names.
"Ask before overwrite" and "Skip existing files" update modes are now available in archiving dialog. They allow to specify WinRAR behavior when updating already existing files in archive. Unlike already available "Fresh existing files only" and "Add and update files", these new modes ignore file date and compare only file names.
Command line equivalents of these modes are:
- switch -o enables "Ask before overwrite" archiving mode;
- switch -o- enables "Skip existing files" archiving mode;
- switch -o+ enables "Overwrite all" mode (default for archiving).
New -cp switch allows to select a compression profile in command line mode. It is supported only by GUI WinRAR.exe, not by rar.exe.
New "Options" page of archiving dialog contains the group of settings modifying the behavior of "Delete files after archiving" option from "General" page:
- Delete files. Delete files normally like in previous WinRAR versions.
- Move files to Recycle Bin. Deleted files are placed to Recycle Bin. Command line equivalent of this option is -dr switch.
- Wipe files. Before deleting file data are overwritten by zero bytes to prevent recovery of deleted files. Command line equivalent of this option is -dw switch.