VLC (initially VideoLAN Client) is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg...) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
- It is a free cross-platform media player. It can run in Windows, Linux, BSD and Apple Macintosh.
- It supports a large number of multimedia formats, without the need for additional codecs.
- It can also be used as a streaming server, with extended features (video on demand, on the fly transcoding, ...)
Mac OS X Interface & Port:
- Apple Remote support on Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard with enhanced functionality
- Improved Video Output compatibility for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
- Improved behavior of the Fullscreen Controller and mode changes between Fullscreen and Windowed Video Output
- Softened the white flash artifacts that may appear during the transition of two different movies
- Support for current Ogg file formats
Download this multi platform player at here.